Is to promote or assist in the maintenance and upkeep of St Peterís Church, Meavy, for the benefit of all who value this ancient church.
1. To promote wide interest in the care and preservation of the Church, its history and its work, and to provide a focus of support for it.
2. To raise additional funds for the maintenance of its fabric, interior decorations and furnishings so as to assist the Parochial Church Council, when the committee considers it appropriate. (The Church Council continues to be responsible for the Church and all the works done upon and within it.)
3. To invite, promote and receive donations and contributions in pursuit of these aims.
1. The name of the society shall be ďFriends of St Peterís Church, MeavyĒ.
2. Membership of Friends of St Peterís Meavy shall be open to anyone interested in the objects of the Friends and who has paid the annual memberís subscription, (which shall be agreed at the Annual Meeting).
3. The affairs of Friends of St Peterís Church, Meavy shall be managed by a Committee of five members who shall be appointed by the Annual Meeting, to include a Chairman, Treasurer, and Secretary.
4. The Annual General Meeting shall be held within four months of the end of the financial year of the Society. (The financial year shall end on 30th June each year) and shall:
a) Appoint the Committee for the succeeding year;
b) Receive the audited accounts for the previous year;
c) Consider recommendations from the Committee regarding the use of any funds held;
d) Consider other matters which might further the aims of the Friends.
5. The Committee shall:
a) Meet at least three times each year;
b) Arrange for the publication of a twice yearly Friends Newsletter;
c) Consult with the Church Council and advise the Annual Meeting of Friends regarding the needs of the Church;
d) Consider possible fund raising activities;
e) Consider other matters which might further the aims of the Friends.
6. A bank account shall be opened in the name of ďFriends of St Peterís Church, MeavyĒ and controlled by any two signatories, drawn from the members of the committee all of whom are authorised to act.
7. Any funds held by the Friends shall be used for the fabric of the Church in accordance with Item 2 of Our Aims above and shall be donated through the Parochial Church Council.
8. The rules may be amended by two thirds majority of the members present at the Annual General Meeting, provided that 21days notice of the proposed amendment has been sent to all members.
9. In the event of the dissolution of the Friends any monies held shall be passed to the Parochial Church Council of St Peterís Church, Meavy.