Burrator Horseshoe Run
Saturday 16th June 2018, Start at 2:30 pm
The Burrator Horseshoe Run is a 7 mile moorland run from Meavy and out over Dartmoor, via Burrator Reservoir, Sheepstor Dam, Sheepstor Summit (369m), Guttor Tor Summit (357m), Ringmoor Down and Meavy River Ford. (See map below or find grid ref. SX540672 on your OS map.)
The Burrator Horseshoe is a scenic, challenging moorland run, starting and finishing at Meavy Village Green. It is a part of the Meavy Oak Fair, a traditional village green fair held annually.
The fair opens at 2 pm with a children's pageant, just half an hour before the start of the race. There will be much to entertain runners after the race and the Royal Oak Inn is open all day!
For enquiries and further information about the Burrator Horseshoe Run email . (Do not use this email for entries, see below for How to Enter.)
- Best Times for the course: Mark Croasdale 37m 47s, Jo Meek 45m 45s (2011)
- Winning times for Run 2018: Brennan Townshend 38m 14s, Catherine Shortman 55m 15s
- Souvenir printed T shirt to all runners
- The Run will be limited to a maximum of 200 competitors
- Race Organiser is Nigel Jenkins (ZIPPY DH3)
- Positions and Times for Burrator Horseshoe Run 2018
How to enter
- By submitting the Entry Form with entry fee.
- Entry fee is £10. (£15 on the day)
- Deadline for entry will be Saturday 9th June.
- Entry on the day may be accepted but is discouraged and the fee for entry on the day is £15. There is no guarantee of T shirts for entries made after 9th June. Sorry, entries not accepted by email or telephone.
- Minimum age limit for this event is 14 years.
Burrator Horseshoe Run shown in green
© Crown Copyright 2002 Produced from Ordnance Survey's Get-a-map service. Image reproduced with permission of Ordnance Survey.